To be eligible for the working holiday visa you must:
- Be between 18 - 30 years old (up to your 31st birthday).
- Hold a valid passport from one of the countries listed below.
- Passport needs to be valid for at least three months after your planned departure from New Zealand.
- Not be travelling with dependent children.
- Hold a return ticket or sufficient funds to purchase one.
- Not have been approved a New Zealand working holiday visa before.
- Meet health and character requirements.
Once your visa has been granted, you will have 12 months to activate it, your time in New Zealand will start from your arrival date. You will be able to work in any employment (maximum 6 months with one employer) as long as you do not take up permanent employment.
To be eligible for a working holiday visa you will need to hold a passport from one of the following countries:
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- The Netherlands
- United Kingdom
- United States of America
Other countries may have limited places available. Please contact our office for details.
There are different requirements for each country.
Note: If you have criminal convictions or health issues to declare, additional fees will apply.