lovers newAfter that whirlwind romance you’re now serious about settling down with your antipodean partner on their home turf. You will require proof of the on-going relationship. But did you know that there are various visa types for differing relationship statuses? These are commonly known as Spouse, De-facto (meaning although not legally married you are in a permanent relationship as a couple) and Fiancé (prospective marriage). 

For every visa submission you must provide a minimum of 12 months evidence of your relationship. There are 2 parts to this application (sponsorship and visa). The Australian citizen/permanent resident acts as your sponsor and must agree to certain commitments