Geoffrey James Slater
License number: 201100409

In order to be eligible for an Australia student Visa, you must meet certain health requirements.

The Australian Government reserves the right to carry out checks to ensure that you are of an acceptable standard of health. This could include asking you to have a medical examination or X-Ray before they make a decision about your visa application. All medicals must be carried out by Doctors that are approved by the Australian Government.

If you decide to stay in Australia for longer than twelve months, it is extremely likely that they will require a medical. You will automatically be required to have a health examination if you are likely to enter any healthcare environment as a patient, visitor, trainee or employee. This is also the case if you are likely to enter a class room or child care environment.

The Australian government will require further information if you have or are suspected of having a medical condition. They will use this information to decide if you meet the visa health requirements and to determine if a visa can be granted. If you are pregnant or require any form of surgery you will be required to undergo a medical.

The Australian embassy may request that you have either a medical or certain tests if you have any of the following conditions:

  • Blood Disorder
  • Cancer
  • Heart Disease
  • Hepatitis B or C
  • HIV Infection, including AIDS
  • Kidney Disease, including Dialysis
  • Liver Disease
  • Mental Health problems*
  • Respiratory problems*

* That have required hospital treatment

Also, if you either reside in, or have spent a period of time in any country that is not deemed to be at low risk of tuberculosis (TB) you may be required to submit a chest X – Ray to prove that you meet the visa health requirements. You may also need to have a chest X-Ray if you have had or currently have TB, have been in close contact with a person who has TB or have ever had an abnormal chest X-Ray result.

Example of evidence that you may be requested include: bank statements, pay slips, bank loan documents, to show you have sufficient funds.

You can apply to work on this visa at an extra cost of $60 to help supplement your stay in Australia, family member can also apply for permission to work. This allows you to work on a casual basis for up to 20 hours a week.

If you are studying for less than 12 months your family members are not eligible to travel to Australia with you on this visa however, you will still have to show you are able to support them financially in your absence.

{article Contact us (embed)}[text]{/article}